Blood and circulation imbalances can be linked to so many ill health manifestations. Looking through the lens of Chinese Medicine, blood isn’t just platelets and plasma; it is our vitality! Blood carries the story of our ancestry, it is the substance that animates our body! Both Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda share a recognition that blood operates within the larger and deeper context of our being. Both these ancient systems know that blood is vital and symbolic. It is both physical and archetypical, and carries meaning beyond its movement through capillaries, veins, and arteries. In thinking about the circulatory system and the blood that enlivens it, it is vital to understand this bodily fluid system not just for its individual components and physical function, but for its significance on a primal, symbolic level.
In this class we will dive into
- what is blood deficiency, what factors cause this pattern and how to recognize the signs on physical, emotional and psychological levels
- why nourishing blood is optimally a life-long practice for women
- how to properly build/nourish and move the blood with food as medicine approach
- special tonic herbs for blood rejuvenation
We will make a delicious blood nourishing treat.
The 3 dantians - 3 treasures of human life and the role of "forgotten foods" on their cultivation
Longevity is often associated with sustained vitality, radiance and youthfulness as we age. In order to consciously cultivate these qualities and experience them in the "forever now", we need to understand the origins of the Life Force Energy, how to protect and nurture it through all stages of life. There are many systems that help us to develop the awareness of energies, how to build and intentionally direct energy in the body. According to the ancient Daoist sages, there are 3 major cauldrons where energies are generated and stored in the body. They realized that cultivating your three main dantian reservoirs may help you generate vibrant health, clarity of perception, and age more gracefully.
Multiple practices have been developed over thousands of years by Daoist Jedi adepts, including special movement forms, breathflows, meditation and physical nourishment to alchemize the energies of the 3 dantians. In this workshop we will focus on the special class of herbs and nutritional substances that have been highly revered in Daoist alchemy arts.
To help you develop a strong foundation in vitality cultivation, we will explore:
- Essential Daoist energy anatomy and how cultivating the treasures can elevate our consciousness, help us access deep inner guidance and our Jedi superpowers.
- How we can connect to, activate and build the elixir fields of our three energy centers
- What are the "forgotten foods" and why they are key to your highest health potential
- intentional herbal rituals and how to integrate tonic herbs into your life.